Promoting Equitable Neighborhoods Action Group
Twice monthly, 18 to 24 participants from many disciplines come together to find ways to ensure low and moderate income families have housing they can afford. Partners include:
- real estate agents and brokers
- law enforcement
- small construction companies
- health care institutions
- community development organizations
Affordable Housing Recommendations – This document contains policy recommendations made by Promoting Equitable Neighborhoods Affordable Housing Task Force, submitted to the City in the fall of 2018.
Four subgroups have been formed, convening during one of the two monthly meetings so that work could advance on multiple fronts.
- Set Aside Policy Advocacy – Advocacy for a 20% of new residential development in Kansas City to be set aside for families earning 50% of the area median income. This group has also created a draft Set Aside Ordinance for consideration by the City.
- Housing Trust Fund – Advocacy and strategies for a housing trust fund which was an ordinance passed in 2019.
- Incentives Reform
- Messaging and Communication
(This workgroup includes the former Securing Funding Workgroup.)
9:00am to 10:30am
1st & 3rd Thursdays
Clearing Titles Action Group
In May 2017 this group published Stimulating Redevelopment by Clearing Tax Sale Titles which delineated the problem, cost and potential strategies for addressing clouded titles. “Working towards insurable tax titles is the most impactful avenue for reinvestment in vacant and distressed properties in the urban core.” This document is serving as a guide to action as the group seeks resolution to this seemingly intractable problem.
9:00am to 10:00am
2nd & 4th Thursdays