Action Groups and Resources
Promoting Equitable Neighborhoods
Time: 9:00am to 10:30am
Date: 1st & 3rd Thursdays
Twice monthly, 18 to 24 participants from many disciplines come together to find ways to ensure low and moderate income families have housing they can afford. Partners include:
- Real estate agents and brokers
- Law enforcement
- Small construction companies
- Health care institutions
- Community development organizations
- Set Aside Policy Advocacy – Advocacy for a 20% of new residential development in Kansas City to be set aside for families earning 50% of the area median income. This group has created a draft Set Aside Ordinance for consideration by the City.
- Housing Trust Fund – Advocacy and strategies for a housing trust fund which was an ordinance passed in 2019.
- Incentives Reform
- Messaging and Communication
Green Spaces and Urban Farms
Time: 9:30am to 11am
Date: 2nd Fridays
There are many more vacant lots across the city than vacant structures.
In 2018 this group published its second addition of A Guide to Working with Lots. It helps residents to assess lots and features eight templates that provide detailed planning and installation instructions to create healthy and attractive green spaces. There are several new templates “in the works”.
In December of 2019, a Regional Vacant Lot Summit was held. response was so good, that a more localized version is being planned for late 2020 as a virtual meeting to expand access and provide a safe environment for participants.
UNI Partner Meetings
Time: Please contact UNI for next scheduled meeting
Date: Quarterly/Variers between lunch and dinner times
On a quarterly basis UNI invites our neighborhood leaders to share updates and give feedback to our leadership team.